The COVID-19 pandemic is making its impact felt everywhere. Businesses and organizations across all industries are trying to find ways to navigate the so-called New Normal. In this new situation, physical contact is discouraged and online communications are becoming even more relevant than before.
One of the best ways to keep your business moving forward is by adapting your marketing strategy to the current circumstances. Keep reading to discover four marketing tips you can start applying today to make your advertising efforts more effective and engaging.
This is one of the key marketing tips to keep in mind as we navigate the COVID-19 pandemic. It’s only by working together that we can manage through these circumstances. This is more than a slogan—it’s a fact. Use marketing to remind your customer base that, as part of the same community, you are there for them. These are some ideas you may consider:
- Offer something. Whether it’s a free downloadable coloring book or a small bottle of hand sanitizer, you can rest assured that any gift will be appreciated by your customers.
- Provide updates. Keep your clients in the loop about any changes to your hours, or about any other aspect of your business they may find relevant. However, make sure to send updates with restraint, so as not to overburden your audience.
Adapt to Meet Customer Needs
The coronavirus outbreak has upended our routines, the way we work, and also the habits and needs of consumers. Therefore, adapting to the changing needs of your customers is essential to navigate the current circumstances. Adapting your business be a difficult task, but you can ask yourself the following questions to figure out the changes you need to make:
- How can you use the systems and tools you already have to offer a service that is relevant to the current circumstances? (For example, some distilleries are producing hand sanitizer.)
- Are there any local businesses you can partner with in order to offer more attractive or relevant promotions to your clients?
- Are you marketing your products and solutions with COVID-19 in mind?
Expand Your Digital Presence
This is the right time to add depth and width to your digital footprint. Your customers are staying at home as much as possible, spending most of their time navigating the internet. In this scenario, meeting your customers where they are means strengthening your digital presence. Your website and your social media channels are new storefronts for your business.
Adopt a Multichannel Marketing Strategy
There’s no one-size-fits all solution in marketing. Rather, each business must identify the right combination of marketing strategies and tools according to their size, industry and target audience. Adopting a multichannel strategy is one of the best marketing tips you can apply to ensure that you reach your customer base in a way that increases sales and drives growth. The options at your disposal include:
- Branding: Adjust your message to ensure that it stays effective under the current circumstances.
- Online marketing: Using the internet is the best way to reach your clients right now.
- Email marketing: Keep your clients informed and spread the word about promotions and special sales.
- Concierge: Contact your current or potential clients to promote your services or products and generate leads.
- Public relations: Yes, public relations are still a factor during the Coronavirus pandemic. Webinars and remote workshops are becoming increasingly common, so it’s important to make sure your business is harnessing the potential of these new forms of public relations.
- Texting: Everybody has a smartphone nowadays, and one of the most straightforward ways to reach your clients is sending engaging text messages that promote your brand.
At Uniko Biz Solutions we offer a full range of services to help you assemble a targeted, multichannel marketing strategy. Our experts will help you determine the mix of marketing tools that best suit your business. We will ensure that you deliver the right message to the right audience at the right time.