Ingenuity goes a long way in marketing, even when your budget is limited. Keep reading to discover four free resources you can start using right now to improve your marketing strategy.
Leverage the Power of Google
More than a search engine, Google is an internet powerhouse with a full range of free resources you can use to fine-tune your marketing efforts.
Google Ads, Analytics, and Search Console are tools that many marketing professionals use. If you don’t have prior marketing knowledge, these are some other free resources you may find useful:
- Google Keyword Planner helps you find keywords you can use to create new content or to optimize your copy for Google searches.
- Use Google Trends to get insights about the terms that your potential clients are searching on Google.
- Google Alerts sends you an email every time a term is mentioned somewhere on the web. Use it to monitor your online reputation or to stay on top of the most recent trends in your industry.
Use Quora to Learn More About Your Potential Customers
Questions can be portals that lead to big “a-ha” moments. With this idea in mind, it’s easy to see how Quora, an online community based around questions, can be a treasure trove of marketing ideas.
An example may be useful to illustrate what we mean. Assume, for example, that you sell volleyball nets. If you type that term into Quora’s search bar you will discover that internet users have a lot of questions about your product:
- How many holes are in the volleyball net?
- How tall is the net in women’s volleyball?
- What is the height of the volleyball net for under 16 tournaments?
- I’m 5’1 and I can’t get my volleyball over the net. Do you have any tips?
You can turn these questions into anything from ideas for attention-grabbing advertising (How many holes are in the volleyball net?) to content for your website (apparently the height of the net is a big concern for your clients, so a comprehensive article on that subject would be a good idea).
Reddit Helps You Connect With Niche Audiences
Reddit may not be as famous as Facebook or Twitter, but it’s a great way to connect with niche audiences.
Whether it’s wine, marble collecting, the 90’s series Beverly Hills 90210, or people who appreciate the beauty of clouds, Reddit hosts a myriad of communities with very specific interests.
No matter your industry, odds are that Reddit can prove useful to learn more about your audience or about very specific segments of it.
For example, if you sold knitting articles and you took a quick look at the knitting community on Reddit you would learn that:
- Your potential clients love taking selfies with their creations.
- Sweaters and hats are all the rage right now.
- There seems to be an interesting overlap between lovers of sci-fi/fantasy and knitting aficionados.
- Knitted pumpkins are an fun seasonal trend.
Testimonials Are Simple But Powerful
Technology offers an almost endless source of data and insights that can be applied to marketing. With that said, in-person interactions are still extremely important to the success of your business.
Taking the time to ask a satisfied customer to share their experience can be an extremely profitable time investment. Testimonials are an effective (and free!) way to boost your marketing strategy and drive sales.
Testimonials are so versatile that you can use them across all your marketing channels:
- In a dedicated section on your website.
- On brochures and any other printed advertising.
- As videos you can share on social media.
- As small blurbs that add punch to your email marketing campaigns.
Our experts at Uniko Biz Solutions will help you find the right marketing mix to connect with your audience and achieve the goals you have set for your business.
let’s work together! Contact us today (email@example.com, 888-698-6456) for a free consultation or to learn more about our multi-channel marketing services.